Guilt-free Keto ice cream with coffee and creamy texture is the next nutritious bomb I want to share with you. Yes, we keep pointing out the reduction and moderation when we talk about Keto dessert, but if you want to make a treat, let it be fully nourishing and guilt-free.
Why guilt-free Keto ice cream?
The mathematics is simple. if your Keto treat has more beneficial nutrients that will not necessarily create the weight loss plateau but maybe help you intake a certain micronutrient you keep missing in your daily meals. Furthermore, if it’s nutrient-dense, you will not fall into a trap of overeating.
If you are making a treat just for the sake of having a treat, then you better be prepared for some bad news related to the original reason you started Keto. Whether is a spike in blood glucose, allergic reaction, pain, cramps, digestion problems or weight gain. This is the reason we want to share our guilt-free recipe that will keep you within safe-zone and actually nourish your body during the hot summer days.
Tips for days when you want to enjoy Keto ice cream
This particular recipe is coffee infused, so you can enjoy it instead of your afternoon cup of coffee. Furthermore, it’s packed with a great number of nutrients from quail eggs, goat butter and goat cream cheese. (I will describe the procedure if you want to use hen eggs). But when it comes to fitting it in your daily nutrition plan, here’s what you can do:
First, decide if you will have ice cream after your lunch or dinner. Then reduce the portion size of your main course and leave some space for the guilt-free Keto ice cream.
If you want to make it 100% safe, eat only fish or meat (like a carnivore meal) and follow it with a bowl of this nutritious ice cream. This is how you’ll be able to eat an extra portion and still not cross the line and cause trouble.
When it comes to ingredients, if you keep looking for substitutes, you will be moving away from the nourishing idea behind this recipe. But if you are following the Once-per-month dessert protocol, you can use the substitutes.
Importance of top-quality and organic ingredients
When we make our nutrition planning an important part of our day, we want only the best stuff. Why would you save on ingredients if you are preparing the dessert on rare occasions or once per month? Now is your time to explore the gourmet world of healthy ingredients. And you would be surprised how great they taste and how advanced they are in comparison to standard Keto ingredients. What I can promise you is that you will feel truly rewarded and empowered by this experience.
A quick overview of micronutrients in our guilt-free Keto ice cream
Cold-brewed arabica coffee – Unmatchable antioxidants as shown in this study will make you think about making cold-brewed coffee every day!
Quail eggs – Choline, Riboflavin, Folate, vitamin B12, iron, selenium are just some of the healing nutrients of these small nutritional gems.
Goat butter – Contains plenty of fat-soluble vitamins, among which the most important vitamins are A, E and especially K2.
Goat cream cheese – Vitamin A, Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Calcium, Phosphorus, Copper.
Ceylon cinnamon – this spice was part of a study which showed advanced antioxidant enzyme activity and anti-cancer property.
Guilt-free Keto ice creamCourse: Blog
12 quail eggs (for version with hen eggs see the notes bellow)
500g (17,6 oz) goat cream cheese (if you can’t find it, use Mascarpone but then skip butter)
1 tbsp goat butter
60 ml (2 fl oz) cold brewed arabica coffee
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
12 drops 100% stevia or monk fruit extract (for blends see the notes below)
3 tbsp white rum, gin or metaxa (this is to prevent crystallisation, can be skipped)
2/3 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- Prepare your cold-brewed Arabica coffee or prepare 2 small shots of espresso.
- Beat the quail eggs with sea salt, sweetener, Ceylon cinnamon and vanilla extract using an electric mixer or a blender.
- Melt goat butter and slowly add it to the egg mixture. Keep mixing at high speed to create emulsion.
- Now add goat cream cheese and keep mixing.
- Mix coffee with your choice of alcoholic beverage and slowly pour into the mixture. You can skip the alcohol, but your ice cream might get too tough in the freezer, so in this case, use ice pop moulds.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container with a lid and freeze it for at least 4 hours.
- If you cannot find quail eggs which are safe for raw consumption, then you can use 3 hen eggs. Whip them up with hot melted butter and 50ml (1,7 fl oz) boiling water that you’ll pour slowly to prevent cooking the eggs. This way you will thermally process them and your ice cream will be safe.
- If you have an ice-cream maker, then pour this mixture in and let the machine do the trick for you.
- If you use mascarpone, you don’t need extra butter. Make sure your mascarpone is additive-free and made of organic milk.
- A Monk fruit or stevia sweetener that is blended with erythritol can also be used, but you will have to adjust the amount to your taste and packaging instructions.