Better than the real thing – Keto chocolate cake
Chocolate cake, the seductive queen of all cakes, is the most adored treat for the majority of dessert lovers. Especially the layered version. You will find one million recipes online these days and some of them will be low-carb or even keto friendly! As we know, Ketonians and Low-carb followers are still a minority on this planet. Basically, every new recipe that falls into Keto-macros can be considered as a gem! In fact, the true value of Keto chocolate cake is in the nutritional density and good macros! If your lunch is not packed with enough fats, a piece of well-assembled chocolate cake can fix it for you!
We should not quit dessert
Not long ago, I held a public lecture about Keto-desserts and I called it Sweet goes Keto. The psychological value of dessert in everyday nutrition is extremely important. If you feel that you are suppressed by the forbidden fruits, you might not even have the desired results. Keto diet has to be motivating! You can reach another level of creativity, just by exploring and trying out great recipes. Your daily limit of 50g of carbs cannot and will not be exceeded with a slice of Keto chocolate cake. If prepared correctly, it will help you keep your precious fat intake high.
Of course, you will not eat it in between the meals or whenever you think of it. Within your feeding window, the best time to have a slice of chocolate cake would be right after your lunch. This especially applies to people who decide to have only one or two meals a day.
Great nutritional values
Just think about it – eggs, butter, almond flour, sour cream, mascarpone… All packed together with great benefits of raw organic cacao powder! This will not stop your weight-loss progress. On the contrary, it will give a signal to your body that you are eating healthy sources of minerals, vitamins, good fats, and protein. Keto chocolate cake is even loaded with fibre – so why should you avoid it?
Cacao is considered as one of the most precious foods due to great nutritional properties.
That’s why this keto chocolate cake belongs to the superfood category.
Turbo benefits of raw cacao
- Protects the organism from the influence of free radicals
- Reduces stress and depression
- Protects against heart and blood vessels
- Helps the fight against many types of cancer
- It is an excellent source of iron
- Regulates the level of sugar and cholesterol
- Encourages better memory and concentration
- Reduces the risk of heart attack
- Helps regulate blood pressure
Keeping it within Keto macros
Now, this is the most important thing you have to check when you are deciding between Keto recipes. If you check the macros per piece (I don’t recommend eating more than one piece at once) you will know if the cake is truly Keto! I am giving you a tested recipe, nutritionally balanced and successfully made by many of my clients. I could say, this Greek Goes Keto Chocolate cake is a true hit among all my clients and guests who come to visit my wife and me. It can be prepared as a birthday cake or just a casual cake which you want to enjoy after a well-balanced Keto meal.
Greek Goes Keto Chocolate cake
Preparation: time 60 min.
- 6 large organic eggs
- 150g grass-fed butter
- 100g sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp psyllium powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp organic raw cacao
- 1 tbsp natural rum aroma (without alcohol)
- 1 tsp ground organic vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp stevia
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 3 tbsp orange zest
- 4 slices lemon
- 150 ml water
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 piece of anise (optional)
- 1 tbsp of stevia
- 500g mascarpone
- 600g sour cream
- 150 ml sparkling mineral water
- 2-3 tbsp of stevia
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp organic raw cacao
The best way to decorate this cake is to save some mousse before you add cacao. This way you will be able to decorate the cake in a classical way. You can also sprinkle it with some shredded coconut. For the chocolate shreddings, use fat-bombs following this recipe. Exclude the seeds this time.
- Beat the eggs using an electric mixer
- Add melted butter, sour cream, stevia and lemon juice
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and slowly add them using a spoon to the mixture
- When the batter is unified, pour it into a cake mould greased with coconut oil or a baking pan layered with baking paper
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180ºC
- Place all the spices and stevia into a small pot and add the water
- Bring it to a boil then add lemon slices.
- Boil it for another 3 minutes and then let it cool down
- Strain it before sprinkling over the cake
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mascarpone, sour cream, mineral water, stevia and vanilla extract.
- Now is the time to take some mousse for the decoration: You will not need a lot, maybe 3 tbsp.
- Add raw organic cacao and mix with a slower speed.
When the cake is ready, cut it in half or in 3 pieces and sprinkle with the syrup. Start layering it with the mousse and decorate it to your liking. The whole cake should not take you more than 1 hour to prepare. But, I would not recommend eating it right away. Leave it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before serving.
Just the best ratio of taste and macronutrients
The Greek Goes Keto Chocolate Cake, due to the syrup and butter-cream ratio, can stay soft and moist for 5 to 7 days. This means that you can enjoy it every day, but remember, only as a reward after a real Keto meal. On the other hand, if you happen to have a celebration or guests, this cake will disappear in less than 1 hour!
Enjoy the Ketonian life, embrace it and stay positive!
Can someone notify me when this is printable please? I don’t want the comments or photos…just the recipe and nutritional facts. I cannot even highlight the recipe to copy/paste. It’s a shame…I’ll use another recipe until this one is downloadable 🙂
Hello Dawn, thank you for your comment I have enabled the text copying and I hope you will enjoy my recipes! If you have further questions don’t hesitate to contact me.
Yay!!! Thank you so much 🙂
You are welcome! I hope you will enjoy my recipes!