Keto chocolate cinnamon cake, with all the layers and beautiful texture… It just falls into the category of special occasion Keto cakes. However, when you take a look at the ingredients, especially the fact that it’s flourless… Maybe you could prepare it more often. Fortunately, experienced Ketonians know that a good and nutrient-dense Keto cake satisfies you and you don’t crave sweets for weeks after eating it!
We went flourless again…
And what a great idea this was! Our Keto chocolate cinnamon cake could be the answer to a big Ketonian question: Can a Keto cake be equally good as any standard cake? Now, with more than 100 recipes in our Keto dessert section, this question has been answered long ago. 😉 But there’s something magical in the very moment when a new Keto recipe turns out as perfect as you dreamed it would be. As a food blogger, I must tell you, flourless are the best recipes. No need to wonder if you have almond or coconut flour in your kitchen cabinet. Just make sure you have some fresh pasture-raised eggs, grass-fed butter and those aromatic spices.
Keto chocolate cinnamon cake creative process
I got inspired by one of our old recipes for Keto brownies with fresh mint. Then I thought, what if I changed it a bit? What if I use something that smells warm like early fall? Nothing smells better than cinnamon in autumn-inspired culinary creations. Then I thought, let’s make it layered cake. Also, let’s make it fully decadent! When you are making a cake, especially if it’s a cake for Noumenia protocol, make it as special as possible!
WHAT IS NOUMENIA PROTOCOL?
Inspired by Ancient Greeks, we recommend making a special and festive Keto cake once per month. This way you’ll always feel as celebrating. At the same time, by not eating Keto dessert too often, you will have much more success in your health regaining journey. This is equally important for weight management or any other reason you are following KETO MEDITERRANEAN DIET.
Ingredients that matter
To make a Keto Mediterranean dessert, you don’t need to worry only about sugar and carbs. Your ingredients need to be as healthy as any other meal you are preparing. Therefore, we prefer flourless recipes to avoid the Omega-6 and oxalates from almond flour, but we also go for Ceylon cinnamon because it’s much safer for human consumption. Furthermore, we always go for pasture-raised eggs and grass-fed dairy ingredients. Now, if possible, we opt for goat, sheep or buffalo dairy, because, as you can read here, they are way healthier options than modern cow’s dairy.
And now – spectacle!!!
Keto chocolate cinnamon cakeCourse: Keto dessertCuisine: Keto MediterraneanDifficulty: Medium
200g (7 oz) softened unsalted butter (we used goat butter)
300g (10,5 oz) sour cream (or strained goat yoghurt)
4 tbsp monk fruit or stevia blend sweetener (alternatively use monk fruit extract to your liking)
4 large eggs (pasture-raised)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp citric acid (you can use 4 tbsp lemon juice instead)
1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tbsp psyllium powder
- Mousse (filling)
250g mascarpone (Ideally, you will use goat cream cheese)
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 pinch sea salt
1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
10 drops vanilla-cinnamon stevia sweetener (alternatively just use vanilla extract and monk fruit/stevia extract sweetener)
2 tbsp crushed pecans (you can use macadamia, blanched hazelnuts or walnuts)
- Leave butter at room temperature for at least 2 hours before starting. Place it in a deep mixing bowl, add sea salt, sweetener and start mixing it with an electric mixer. Mix till it turns into a silky cream. Now add sour cream or strained goat yoghurt.
- When the mixture is unified, add eggs, one by one. Keep mixing. Now add baking soda, citric acid, cacao powder, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Add 1 tbsp of psyllium powder and keep mixing.
- Line the 20×30 cm (8×11 inch) baking pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Bake at 150ºC (300ºF) for 25 minutes. Make sure you don’t open the oven while the cake is being baked. When it’s ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool down totally. Cut it in two pieces alongside and then cut it width-side to get 4 pieces.
- Using a whisk and a deep bowl, mix all the ingredients for the mousse. Keep the mousse in the refrigerator till the cake layers cool down.
- When the cake layers are totally cold, fill them with the mousse and assemble a layered cake. Decorate with crushed nuts of your choice.
- Make sure the cake is chilled in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before cutting. ideally, serve it on the next day.
- If you are using a thick type of Mascarpone add some sparkling mineral water to soften it. A couple of tablespoons will do.