Keto sesame cookies with aromatic coconut flakes grabbed a lot of attention on social media when we published the photos before the recipe! Their golden crispy appearance and Ketella coating are their visual advantages! However, once you try making them, you will fall in love with the texture, aroma and that winter feeling of cosy comfort during the pre-Christmass season.
Just like any Keto pastry you can find on our website, we always pay attention to the ingredients nutrient density. This way you will not fall into a trap of overeating. Especially if you eat two or maximum three of these beauties after your well-balanced Keto meal. For instance, sesame seeds are extremely rich in calcium. Even more than cheese! You can read lots of health benefits of sesame in this article. Furthermore, coconut crumbs have been well-known to Ketonians for their numerous health benefits.
Coconut crumbs – great nutritional profile
Regular consumption of coconut crumbs helps your digestion and eliminates the feeling of tension in the abdomen. They have the ability to cleanse the guts and thus ensures greater immune system and vitality. Furthermore, they contribute to the excretion of toxins. One spoon contains only 30 calories. Generally, coconut is abundant in minerals, microelements and vitamins. It contains precious ingredients such as potassium, selenium, copper, iron, vitamin E and B complex vitamins. Coconut crumbs are made from ground coconut which means they contain all the anti-ageing properties that coconut offers to us.
What is Ketella*?
Not long ago we published an article and recipe for the tastiest and simplest chocolate spread that people on Keto can enjoy without guilt. This very soon received it’s nickname Ketella. The godfather of Ketella is our friend and great Ketonian Scott Kilmer who prepared it for his granddaughter! Ketella is so easy to prepare! aIn fact, it’s a great companion for numerous Keto desserts. You can simply use it as pancake or waffle topping, or freeze it and enjoy it as an intense chocolate ice cream.
Keto Sesame & Coconut cookies adventure
Many Ketonians who regularly visit our blog and our social media, complained that they cannot find finely ground sesame flour. For this reason, we played with our food processor to create a perfect cookie flour out of sesame seeds and coconut crumbs. The result was surprising! Tasty yet unlike anything else. The combination is really unusual because both of the main ingredients are not sensed separately! You are experiencing a totally new taste, just like it was brought from another universe! This inspired us and the Keto sesame & coconut cookies were born! We could say, the legend was born!
Let’s bake some alien cookies…
Keto Sesame & Coconut cookies with Ketella
- 100 g (2/3 cup) sesame seeds raw, organic
- 100 g (2/3 cup) coconut crumbs organic
- 4 tbsp coconut flour organic
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp stevia-erythritol blend sweetener
- 3 large eggs free-range
- 30 g (1/4 cup) butter grass-fed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Ketella
- Before starting, make sure you already prepared your Ketella by following this recipe.
- In a food processor, pulse coconut crumbs with sesame seeds for 30 seconds. Repeat until you get a finely ground consistency. Be careful not to overdo it because the oils will get extracted.
- Add coconut flour, salt and baking soda to this mixture and set it aside.
- Mix eggs with melted butter and coconut flour. Add the sweetener, lemon juice, ground clove and vanilla extract. Now start adding the dry ingredients.
- Work the dough with your hands and leave it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Grease your hands with some coconut oil and start creating medium balls or oval cookies.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 18 minutes at 180ºC (356ºF)
- When the cookies are baked, take them out of the oven and let them cool a bit.
- Take 4 tablespoons of your earlier prepared Ketella and heat it in a small saucepan over medium temperature. Ketella needs to become liquid.
- Rapidly pour Ketella all over your cookies to create the thin lines of chocolate spread. Let it cool down in the refrigerator before serving.