Keto cinnamon truffles – with the magic number 12
Keto cinnamon truffles could be the fastest dessert you’ll ever prepare. The ease of assembling and beauty of interlaced aromas will lift them high up on your keto dessert list. Well, you can call them cinnamon fat bombs because, simply, this is what they are!
I’ll make sure they are loaded in good fats in perfect mathematical ratio. However, these truffles are nutritious and delicious and have almost everything you need in a single bite. They will provide you with 40% of the daily vitamin D requirement! In fact, they are infused with all the antioxidants and minerals you could ever wish for!
Keto cinnamon utilisation on KMD
Maybe you have noticed that I am using cinnamon almost in every recipe. In Greece, we use it in meat sauces, Stifado and even for preparing a proper Mediterranean pot! Interestingly, this warm spice is a standard topping for Freddo cappuccino which is another Greek invention.
If you would like to learn how to make healthiest Freddo, here’s my recipe!
Naturally, Keto cinnamon truffles came as a result of this specific inspiration. Honestly, I cannot think of a spice that is more present in modern Greek cuisine than this aromatic golden-brown powder!
Medicine, astrology and magic connection
- Element: Fire – This element is associated with numerous different matters; conquering and killing, precipitation, purifying, security, strength
- Planet: Sun- Herbs and spices referring to the government of this celestial body are beneficial to the heart and blood circulation
- Zodiac: – Leo – Leo is one of the strongest Zodiac signs related to the element of fire. In ancient Greece, the science of astrology was as important as astronomy.
- Botanical Name: – Cinnamon Zaylancium
Origin: – Sri Lanka
Cinnamon was imported to Egypt from China and Southeast Asia sometimes around 2000 B.C.E. In Greece, we call it kanela (κανέλα) and you can find it in every cafe and restaurant. Kanel is one of those spices that have a unique position in Greek homes. Typically, it is connected with sweets. Furthermore, it is also used in just about any dish, especially those containing fatty meat. Additionally, the use of cinnamon in savoury dishes relays on the family recipes and the specific region in Greece.
Interesting fact from Wikipedia
According to Pliny the Elder, a Roman pound (327 grams (11.5 oz)) of cassia, cinnamon, or serichatum cost up to 1500 denarii, the wage of fifty months’ labour.
Keto Cinnamon remedy
Keto cinnamon truffles will be a perfect example of Keto cinnamon utilisation in promoting health and digestion. Recently, cinnamon has been receiving attention for its properties in controlling blood sugar, which makes it a great choice for diabetics. It has also been used for fighting the common cold, flu, and similar conditions. Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants and minerals! Furthermore, it has mild antifungal properties.
Ancient Greeks cherished it as a gold
Specifically, In Ancient Greece, cinnamon was extremely appreciated spice. Even though it arose with the Egyptians, once the ancient Greeks discovered it, they espoused it. In fact, a confirmation of the cinnamon value for the Ancient Greeks can be seen at a temple devoted to Apollo at Miletus. There is an inscription showing the contribution of cinnamon in rituals. Furthermore, Ancient Greek writers such as Sappho mention the qualities of cinnamon. This extremely distinctive spice is still a unique additive to Greek culture and urban mythology.
Keto cinnamon truffles
- 12 slices lemon organic
- 12 pieces whole cloves
- 12 tbsp filtered water
- 12 tbsp butter grass-fed
- 12 tsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 12 tsp cinnamon organic
- 12 tsp raw cacao powder organic
- 12 drops 100% pure stevia extract sweetener Or according to your sweetener power
- 12 tbsp flaxseed meal finely ground
- 12 tbsp almond flour finely ground
- Place the 12 lemon slices and cloves in a saucepan and add 12 tbsp of filtered water. Bring it to a boil and set it aside for 2 minutes to aromatise the water. Remove the lemon slices and cloves and add butter and olive oil. Mix well and heat again so that the butter melts. Remove from heat.
- Add 6 tsp of cinnamon and 6 tsp of raw cacao. Mix well using a whisk. (Mix the remaining cinnamon and cacao and place them in a deep plate) Add stevia drops. Now add flaxseed and almond flour. Mix with your hands.
- Leave the mixture in the freezer for 5 minutes. Create 12 balls from the mixture and roll them in the cinnamon and raw cacao mixture. Serve well chilled.
- 100% pure Stevia extract sweeteners are extremely powerful. Here's an example! If you don't have such a sweetener, consult the instructions on your product label.
- If you cannot use Almond flour, you can substitute it with sunflower seed meal.
- Organic raw cacao powder is prefered here, but if you cannot find it, you can use dark cacao powder. Make sure you add some powdered stevia in this case due to the higher bitterness of dark cacao.
I’m trying this recipe not only because it looks pretty delicious but because you also mention the Leo Zodiac sign! #TeamLeo lmao
Hello Bryan, as I already mentioned cinnamon is a plant which belongs to the element of fire, under the regency of Sun. I am really glad a passionate Leo will try out this recipe. Please, let me know your opinion after you’ve tried the truffles!