Keto Tagliatelle with only one ingredient plus spices! How about that? Now, I think I could say “Eureka” and “Mamma mia” a thousand times and still not get bored of saying it. This was a great discovery! Naturally, a big difference and the lack of eggy flavour I can thank to quail eggs. but if you don’t have them, worry not! You can just use 5 egg whites and 1 yolk, the results will be very similar!
How are Keto Tagliatelle carnivore friendly?
Well, think about it. Eating eggs and steak every day gets boring. Especially if you prepare them the same way each day! Since my Keto Tagliatelle are basically an omelette cut in stripes, they go ideally with any meat!
If a carnivore is not afraid to use a little bit of red paprika powder and couple of other spices, they will get exactly the same texture as if they were eating real pasta! Combine them with Bolognese sauce, meatballs, or perhaps lamb steak as I did yesterday and thank me later! 😉
How to cook the omelette so thin?
You need to treat it like a crepe. I used crepe maker which allowed me to cook my omelette so thin. But you can also use a wide non-stick pan and have a wonderful thin omelette-crepe. When it comes to spices, I will give you my list, but you can come up with your secret mixture. Mediterranean seasoning, for example, would go awesome with these Keto tagliatelle.
When it comes to cutting them thin, make sure you are doing it on a wide cutting board with a large thin and sharp knife. If you wait too much, they might become less elastic. Ideally, cut them 2 minutes after you cooked the omelette.
What other twist could be done with Keto Tagliatelle
If you want to enjoy them with any favourite sauce of yours, then add them to the sauce in the final phase. Just before you are going to switch off the stove and remove the sauce from heat, add your Keto tagliatelle and gently stir. This will also allow you to make more of it and store it to be reheated later. Don’t worry, the texture will stay untouched!
7 important thing to have in mind before starting Keto Tagliatelle
- Use quail eggs if possible! The texture, flavour and nutrients are 10 times better
- If you are using hen eggs, make sure they are pasture raised and fresh
- Ideally use electric crepe or pancake maker
- If you are cooking your crepe-omelette in a pan, make sure it’s a non stick pan with enough of space to spread the eggs and create a thin omelette
- Spices are totally optional, but in my case, I gave a Mediterranean umami flavour to my Keto Tagliatelle
- When preparing your favorite sauce, have in mind that most of the flavour has to come from the sauce, so go easy with spices in the omelette. Give an emphasis to the sauce.
- If you are on a low-fat, high protein, zero-carb program, try mixing 2 quail eggs with red paprika powder, salt, pepper, onion powder and vinegar. This is an ideal dressing or sauce for these Keto Tagliatelle.
Keto Tagliatelle that are also Carnivore friendly
5 egg whites or 10 quail egg whites
4 whole quail eggs or 1 yolk of hen eggs
1/3 tsp sea salt
1/3 tsp mahlep or nutmeg
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp dried peppermint
- Using a whisk or a blender mix well all he ingredients.
- Cook a thin crepe-omelette on a non-stick pan or electric crepe maker. Cook 3 minutes from each side and flip with a wide wooden spatula.
- Place the omelette on a wide cutting board. Let it cool down 2 minutes. Cut thin stripes with a sharp knife.
- You can serve the Keto Tagliatelle immediately on a wide plate with any sauce of your choice.
- I recommend Bolognese, Karnoff, or Hollandaise sauce. You can also sprinkle some feta or other kind of grated cheese and add some butter. There are numerous ideas.