Keto coffee dessert is something I created with the Greek hospitality in mind. In my country, or in any other country where Greeks live, you cannot come to their home without being bombed with food offerings. Eat, drink and talk a lot! If you have some Greek friends, and if you get invited to visit them, be prepared for coffee, refreshments, desserts and even dinner. You can’t escape it, there’s no way! Even if you just had lunch.
Keto coffee dessert and berries in a glass
However, there are those times when we have sudden visitors. We are not always prepared and we cannot say no to the loved ones. This specific urge to offer everything you have to your guests is something typical for all Balkan countries. It’s a cultural thing and must not be taken as aggression. It’s really an act of friendship and love. In Greece, we call it Philoxenia! As both my wife and I have this feeling deep in our souls, we came up with an idea to impress our sudden guests. Even if they are visiting just for half an hour, we will have something unique to offer. As Ketonians, we prepare it with Keto macros, so that we can join our guests. Furthermore, all our friends get instantly interested in the Keto diet, our brave lifestyle and all the magic that’s hiding behind our fit appearance.
Eat the butter, don’t fear it!
The first thing we get asked is how come we are slim and we eat so much butter, cream and fatty meat? Then the conversation goes on and on and they ask about fruits. How in the world will they live without fruits? At that moment, my wife brings out this Keto coffee dessert and they rest their case. Usually, in a day or two, they call us and ask for more info about the Ketogenic diet. At this point, you have a great opportunity to make your family and friends accept your lifestyle. And who knows, maybe some of them will join you and get healthier! Perhaps specifically the one member that needs it more than anybody else!
Let’s get to the quickest Keto coffee dessert preparation!
Keto Coffee and Berries Dessert
- 500 g (2 cups) Mascarpone organic
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 100 ml (1/2) coffee
- 1 tbsp dark cacao powder organic
- 1 tbsp stevia Or according to your sweetener power)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract organic
- 80 g (1/4 cup) frozen berries
- Using an electric mixer, or a blender mix mascarpone with the sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Take 1/2 of the mixture out of the blender or the mixing bowl and place it in another bowl. Add lemon zest and mix with a whisk.
- In the remaining mixture, add in coffee and cacao powder. Blend or mix until it's unified.
- In a dessert glass, first put some dark mixture, then the light one. Repeat this twice.
- Blend the frozen berries and place them on top of your dessert. Decorate with a few whole berries.
- Place the dessert in the freezer for 10 minutes and it's ready to be served. if you want to keep it for later, place the dessert in the refrigerator but cover each glass with some plastic foil.