Keto Fruity desserts during the summer months are extremely desirable among Ketonians. As we know, fructose is not quite good for us when fruits contain it in excess amount. In fact, fruits that contain large amounts of fructose could be destroying our health the same way candies do. But, there’s just something refreshing in fruits, especially during the summer. Of course, we know that small amounts of berries will not harm any Ketonian because all of them are low glycemic fruits. However, if you are here for an amazing fruity refreshment with Keto macros, then we have a top recipe for you!
Anti-inflammatory properties of Goat yoghurt
As we already wrote on numerous occasions, goat dairy is ten times healthier for us than cow’s dairy. Not only because it’s so much easier to digest, but also because of lower lactose content and A2 type casein. Paired with the antioxidants from fresh berries, this dessert becomes a multifunctional treat!
Buttermilk, goat cheese and yoghurt
Here in Greece, it’s quite easy to find all sorts of goat dairy products. I will devote a whole article to goat butter which I consider as a divine product that every Ketonian has to have in their fridge. I believe you can order it online. Many countries are increasing the production of goat milk these days. Search for the local farms – this would be the best solution.
The healing properties
Goat milk products are also powerful natural remedies. They enhance the growth and development of the digestive tract. I would like to point out that they are recommended for the prevention and therapy of liver disease. They can aid fatty liver, cirrhosis, and mononucleosis. These extremely tasty products are great for osteoporosis, blood pressure, inflammatory processes, kidney function…
Great protein ratio
Goat milk proteins are known as fast proteins because we can absorb them quickly. This way we can directly supply our muscle cells with energy and necessary amino acids. It is recommended for athletes and active people to provide rapid muscle recovery after training. Furthermore, it’s an outstanding source of protein for pregnant women.
Don’t think twice, switch to goat milk products
Goat milk contains complete proteins and provides all the amino acids necessary for good health. This milk is naturally rich in essential amino acid tryptophan, which is a natural sedative. As such, it stimulates the release of serotonin, the most famous neurotransmitter to create a sense of relaxation and contentedness. Interestingly, it can reduce appetite and clean dental deposits preventing caries. Moreover, it helps to regenerate the liver. Do you need more reasons?!
No-bake desserts advantages
All our no-bake recipes had success among ketonians. From Lemon ice-cream, three-minute frozen dessert to quick chocolate blues fix. This version of Keto fruity mousse, in particular, brings creativity to another level. A dessert that looks and tastes like this can be served in a 5-star restaurant and it can easily compete with the carby versions. In fact, we discovered that stevia and monk fruit sweeteners always taste better when combined with tart berries or lemon.
Are you ready for Keto fruity fantasy in pastel colours?
When we say it’s as easy as it gets, we really mean it. Maybe it’s best to see our video recipe and get inspired. Such a dessert can be prepared an hour or two before you have your friends visiting. Ideally, make 8 portions because the carbs might go sligtly up. As you already know, if you will have this dessert after a proper Keto meal, there will not be much space for a large mousse. But the flavour is so intensive that even a small portion will satisfy your fruity cravings.
Pastel Keto Fruity Mousse
- 250 g (8,8 oz) Mascarpone
- 50 g (1,7 oz) stevia or monk fruit blend sweetener
- 500 ml (17 fl oz) goat yoghurt
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp lemon zest we used powdered
- 50 g (1,7 oz) coconut flour
- 60 g raspberries
- 60 g blueberries
- First, blend the berries in a food processor but do it separately because you need to get 2 different colours.
- Mix Mascarpone, sweetener, sea salt and lemon zest with an electric mixer. Add goat yoghurt and mix some more. now add coconut flour and mix until it's unified. You can place the mixture in the refrigerator for 5 minutes if you want it to thicken.
- Take a standard ladle and pour some of the white mixtures into 4 dessert glasses. Place the glasses in the freezer for 10 minutes. Divide the rest of the mixture into two equal portions.
- Whisk in the blueberry purée in one of the portions and raspberry purée in the other portion. You will get two nice paste shades (pink and lilac)
- Pour the pink layer on top of the white layer and finish with the lilac layer. You can decorate the mousse with some nuts of berries. If you want to serve it soon, place it in the freezer for another 10 minutes. Ideally, have it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before serving.