Keto Tahini bites – Oriental fat-bombs
Keto Tahini fat-bombs are a born out the admiration for the mighty Tahini paste. This is an oriental delicacy, a paste made from smashed sesame seeds with the addition of sesame oil. In some cases, it’s made with olive oil. This paste is extremely versatile! It has various purposes and can be utilised to prepare numerous dishes. In Greece, we are using it for pastries and sweets, while in the Middle East, they use it in savoury dishes, especially for Hummus preparation. Tahini, in some countries, is a self-contained food. More importantly, it is full of essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids. The first notes of Tahini were found in the 13th-century Arabic cookbook.
From the Arab world to the rest of the planet
From Arab countries, it expanded to the east, mainly to India, Korea and Japan. Today it is often used in Mediterranean cuisine and in the Balkan countries. The richness of nutrients is especially significant! Tahini is an outstanding and easily absorbable reservoir of calcium. One portion, or let’s say one tablespoon of this paste contains about one-third of the daily recommended dose of calcium. Isn’t this great? Calcium is necessary for building bones, teeth and muscles. A research has connected it to a decreased risk of allergies and some kinds of cancer. This is why these Keto Tahini fat-bombs will be more than just a dessert!
Overwhelming mineral content
Tahini is also abundant in potassium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium. Furthermore, you will find a significant content of vitamins B and E. Because of its antioxidant properties, vitamin E can be called “a source of youth”. It helps to slow the ageing of tissue cells and maintains mental freshness in the old age. Vitamins B found in Tahini include B1, B2, B3 and B5. These reputed members of the B complex club improve the growth and division of healthy cells, including our erythrocytes, red blood cells.
Keto Tahini fat-bombs are a delicacy, but can serve as a mineral supplement too!
Furthermore, Vitamins B is also beneficial for speeding up the healing of injured tissues and for healthy brain function. Additionally, it boosts good mood and concentration. Tahini is a well-balanced source of essential fatty acids of omega 3 and omega 6. These acids are important for the health of joints, cartilage, vascular system, brain and skin. Beauty and the beast among Keto butter and spreads!
Keto Tahini fat-bombs – power boosters
Sesame seed is rich in amino acid methionine, which is an important contributor to the toxin cleansing and the absorption of other amino acids in the body. Interestingly, 20% of Tahini content is protein. Isn’t this Keto? Naturally, sesame seeds are richer in proteins than other seeds and nuts. It is, therefore, suitable as a source of protein and good fat for us Ketonians. Now, when you mix this with healing properties of cacao, you will make just about healthiest fat-bombs you can wish for!
Goddess Aphrodite would approve!
Tahini is known since the ancient times as an Aphrodisiac. It serves as an elixir for lifting libido, and as a natural remedy for erectile dysfunction. It has a high pH value, which means it alkalises the body, neutralising the effect of low-pH foods. Recent research shows that regular consumption of Tahini significantly reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack. Since one of the ingredients of Tahini is sesame oil, it will serve perfectly for tasty Keto Tahini fat-bombs. Let’s see this simple, yet delicious recipe…
Tahini Keto fat-bombs
- 4 tbsp tahini paste organic
- 100 g (1/2 cup) butter or ghee grass-fed
- 100 g (1/2 cup) cacao butter organic
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener (or according to your sweetener power)
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp cacao powder raw, organic
- 1/3 tsp Himalayan salt
- Place butter or ghee, cacao butter, tahini and sweetener in a deep pot. melt this mixture over a very low temperature. Keep stirring.
- Add the spices, sesame seeds and salt. Keep mixing. Pour 1/3 of the mixture in a smaller saucepan.
- Add cacao powder to the original mixture and stir well. It will turn dark and have the consistency of melted chocolate. Set it aside and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the dark mixture into silicon praline mould (alternatively use soft ice trays) and place it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- If your light mixture got thick, melt it again over low temperature, then pour it on top of the dark part. Place in the freezer for an additional 10 minutes.
- If prepared on low temperature, the cacao butter will enable these fat-bombs to stay solid on room temperature, but try to keep them in the refrigerator and always have them after your well-balanced keto meal. Don't eat them in between the meals.