Keto frozen dessert really can be prepared in 3 minutes. I am not calling it ice cream or frozen yoghurt even though it looks like both of these treats. You can prepare this unbelievable dessert literally anywhere! Not only in the convenience of your kitchen, but even in your hotel room when you are travelling. Furthermore, if you are on your lunch break at work and you just finished your Keto friendly lunch, here’s a great idea how to make it chic!
Even though the summer or spring season is a bit late here in the Mediterranean zone this year, the calendar is reminding us that ice cream and frozen yoghurt will be all around us. 😮 Especially in Greece! Tourists and children will be passing by with cones of sugary refreshment and you will go back to your old blues of forbidden fruits. But it doesn’t have to be this way!
Keto frozen dessert in literally 3 minutes!
If you already checked our article about quickest Keto ice cream prepared in a hotel room, then you will like this recipe even more. It really doesn’t take more than 3 minutes and the only tool you need is a fork. Of course, it would be nice to have a nice ceramic bowl, but even a teacup will serve the purpose. If you are travelling, it’s really convenient to always have forks and small bowls with you. This way you can ketonised something on the go. Even if it’s an avocado and feta cheese mash, or maybe a quick salad that you want to prepare on the go.
What’s the perfect portion of raspberries on Keto?
Your palm is the perfect measure!
Sour cream instead of yoghurt
We have been talking about the advantage of goat and sheep dairy over cow’s milk products many times. However, if you are not able to find goat or sheep milk yoghurt, you are much better with sour cream. The reason we chose sour cream as yoghurt replacement in almost all our recipes is the fat content. We are always buying the highest fat sour cream (at least 30%) and we use it everywhere where you would use yoghurt or cream. Here are some pros for sour cream when compared to heavy whipping cream:
- Sour cream is fermented, therefore there’s far less lactose in it and contains probiotics
- Sour cream, in most cases, doesn’t contain stabilisers and industrial additives, while whipping cream almost always has them
- You can always make it fattier by adding some melted butter
- Sour cream compensates for the alkaline aftertaste of stevia
- It’s widely available in most of the countries
So, let’s count 180 seconds for Keto frozen dessert
Keto frozen dessert
- 15 frozen raspberries
- 200 g (1 cup) sour cream at least 30% fat
- 1 micro scoop (10 mg) 100% stevia extract you can also use monk fruit
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Mix and crush the frozen raspberries with sour cream energetically using a fork for exactly 2 minutes. Add stevia extract and alternatively add flavourings (vanilla extract or lemon zest) and mix a bit more.