Perfect Keto ice cream can be prepared at home. When we say perfect, we mean nutritious, delicious and healthy. However, what happens when you are on vacations? There are numerous sugar-free ice creams all around the globe, you might say. Well, are you sure they are really healthy? In most of the cases, the healthiest options are those when you make your Keto treats from scratch.
Industrial products labelled as Keto and sugar-free
Trust us, we saw many of them and all of them had at least one questionable ingredient. In most cases, you will end up with loads of artificial sweeteners that can have some laxative effects. Why would you risk spending time in a beautiful surrounding whit constant worry about the toilet? On the other side, those unhealthy additives that the food industry has to add to prolong their product’s shelf/life, always play with your gut health.
Healing is a constant process
This is why you must not break your relationship with the anti-inflammatory way of living. Luckily, there are solutions for everything on a clean Ketogenic diet, especially if you arm yourself with some basic knowledge. As you might know, we love experimenting inside and outside of the kitchen. For this reason, here is our solution to any Keto chocolate cravings while travelling.
In this video, you can see how we prepared this perfect Keto ice cream on the balcony of our hotel room
You can, of course, play with the flavouring. For example, you can add some Keto-friendly berries or maybe lemon juice. But, we wanted to make a classic chocolate ice cream that will satisfy any Ketonian. Naturally, this perfect Keto ice cream cannot and should not replace your Keto meal. After our Keto lunch, this ice cream will perfectly refresh you and give you another boost in healthy nutrients, minerals and antioxidants.
Ketonian creativity on the go
Perfect Keto ice cream (made in a hotel room)
250g (8.8 oz) goat and sheep cream cheese (if you cannot find this, then use Mascarpone)
1 tablespoon butter (we used goat and sheep butter)
40 mg 100% stevia extract
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
50 ml sparkling mineral water
- First, leave the butter at room temperature for half an hour. Then add cacao to it and mix well with a spoon.
- In a cup, mix stevia with sparkling mineral water until it totally disolves. Now mix this with the cacao and butter mixture.
- In a plastic container that can be frozen, mix these two mixtures with the cream cheese. You can sprinkle some more cacao on top.
- If your hotel room has a freezer, then freeze this for at least 2 hours. Otherwise, place it in the refrigerator and consume as a healthy Keto chocolate mousse.
- You can also use full fat Greek yoghurt made of sheep and goat milk, but in that case use a bit more butter.