Creamy Keto recipes are all over this website, aren’t they? Well, that is because we love sour cream. Now, you might know that we are not quite fans of cow’s milk products. However, we are aware that it’s not easy to find goat milk products everywhere on this planet. That’s actually sad, but what can we do?
Honestly, sour cream is the best cream you can consume. If you are unable to find goat butter or goat cream, then the only cream from the cow’s milk world that we recommend would be its fermented version. The process of fermentation will eliminate the excess lactose and if the cream comes from grass-fed cows, you’ll get all the benefits, minerals and nutrients! We decided to pair it with grass-fed beef gelatine, some strawberries and a wonderful Keto creamy dessert was born!
Let’s talk about beef gelatine once again
Beef gelatin can really help you to maintain the health of bones, joints and skin! Of course, you should always opt for grass-fed and organic beef gelatine! The beneficial gelatin is derived from animal bones and skin, and the best quality gelatin is made from grass-fed animals. Today, gelatine from a natural source can be purchased at many health food stores and food supplements, and it is advisable to avoid buying overprocessed gelatin with additives. Unflavoured is your best friend because you’ll be adding your flavours later.
Repetitio mater studiorum est – Beef gelatin benefits:
- Improves the elasticity of the skin
- Slows down the ageing of the skin
- Supports the health of bones and joints
- Balances the ratio of amino acids in the body
- Improves digestion and stomach health
- Reduces pain in the joints and bones
- Improves the appearance and quality of hair, nails and skin
- Helps maintain strong bones
Homemade jello – that’s the way Ketonians live
The excitement of making a successful Keto dessert at home is incomparable to anything. If you have been on Keto for more than a year, and you’ve been cooking and baking everything at home, then you know what I am talking about. When your Non-Ketonian friends come to visit and they try some of your insanely great Keto creations they usually cannot believe it’s sugar and grain free… Furthermore, there’s no starch in it and everything tastes so delicious! Then when they ask you – is it expensive to make all these organic Keto delicacies? Just offer them this dessert.
In any country in the world, this cannot cost a lot. In our case, we literally bought all the ingredients for 6 portions for the price of €5 which is approximately $5.6 or £4,29 ( today’s ratio)!
When it comes to the most valuable thing – the time, it takes only 10 minutes!!!
So you have no arguments, 😉 you’ll have to make this Creamy Keto Jello and enjoy it as much as we did!
Creamy Keto Strawberry Jello
- 500 g (2 cups) sour cream organic, 30% fat content
- 40 g grass-fed beef gelatine
- 400 ml (2 cups) warm water
- 4 tbsp stevia or monk fruit blend sweetener
- 1/2 tsp citric acid you can use 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp natural strawberry flavouring optional
- 12 medium strawberries sliced
- Mix gelatine with stevia and citric acid. Add warm water and bring it to a boil. Set it aside to cool down halfway.
- Using an electric mixer beat sour cream for 2-3 minutes. Start slowly adding gelatine mixture. Do it in doses, bit by bit, until you spend half of the gelatine.
- Pour this first layer in 6 dessert glasses. In the rest of your cream, add 1 tbsp of natural strawberry flavouring and mix well. Now pour this pink mixture on top of the first layer.
- Slice strawberries and place them on top of each portion. Add another teaspoon of natural strawberry flavouring to the rest of the gelatine and mix well. Now pour this to cover all of your strawberry slices. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.