High-protein, low-carb gnocchi with the most perfect texture and flavour. Yes, it feels like eating real gnocchi but without a single fear of high-carb diet consequences. And we all know what consequences high carbohydrate diets bring to humans. The results get really bad if we combine those carbs with fat and don’t eat enough protein. But worry not, your Greek Goes Keto team has you covered. We had in mind the springtime, the upcoming beach season and we also had in mind the Mediterranean element. So, our high-protein low-carb gnocchi came as a perfect ketonisation that might bring you so many creative moments this summer.
And hey, don’t forget, we’ll have our Keto Mediterranean retreat this summer in Greece. Our participants will be able to testify about the quality of our latest gnocchi recipe!
Finally, the real texture
Yes, they go well with meat and seafood but they can also be the main star of the plate. For example, we used some extra Skir from the dough itself and created a delicious cold sauce for them. We also played with herbs and spices but the best thing about our latest recipe is that you literally need no spices. The flavour of this high-protein low-carb gnochi is neutral and slightly “yoghurtish”! Forgive us for repeating that they are high in protein and low in carbs. However, it’s simply unbelievable because they taste and feel like the real gnocchi!
Steaming instead of boiling High-protein, low-carb gnocchi
With all Keto creations which are trying to emulate pasta, you will get much better results if you use steaming instead of boiling. Let’s face it, if you don’t have gluten, you cannot boil Keto dough! Furthermore, who needs potatoes? Just a few eggs, skyr, gelatine, psyllium and coconut flour and your dough are ready. Now, you can add some olive oil or spices but honestly, you don’t need to! After all, for proper fat utilisation, we need to teach our body to burn its own fat. For this reason try our high-protein, moderate fat and very low carb approach. You will see that it works better than the high-fat Keto!
Creativity in the Keto Mediterranean kitchen
Look, you could make just about any sauce with these gems. Now that we perfected the texture, we realised that they go well with any topping. They even taste equally good if served cold. You could cut some smoked fish, add some pine nuts and crumble some feta on top. With this approach, you would get a super satisfying meal! Add some fresh herbs and a glass of sea buckthorn juice. Enjoy life and plan your next trip. Think about Mostar, a beautiful town where we’ll have another retreat in August. Get in touch with us to learn more about that!
In any case, we are sure that you’ll be making our high-protein low-carb gnocchi recipe often! So, let’s see how the magic was created!
High-protein, low-carb gnocchiCourse: Side dishes
2 large eggs
150g Skyr (or Greek yoghurt)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp grass-fed beef gelatine (granulated or powdered)
1 tbsp psyllium powder
2 tbsp coconut flour
- Mix eggs with Skyr in a mixing bowl. Add sea salt and granulated or powdered beef gelatine.
- Now add psyllium and coconut flour. Mix using a fork and then work the dough with your hands.
- Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes. Start making small balls out of it. Place the balls on a wide plate.
- Boil 150 ml of water in a saucepan. Place a metallic strainer so that it doesn’t touch the water but the steam covers it. Place some of the gnocchi balls in the strainer and cover with a lid. Let them be steamed for 5 minutes. You will get the best results if you do this in batches so that each of them gets steamed from all sides.
- Serve the high-protein low-carb gnocchi with any sauce you like. In our case, we served it with our Keto stifado or with a quick cold sauce made with the remaining Skyr, garlic and herbs.
- This amount is enough for 1 to 2 portions depending on the size of the main course you will serve the high-protein low-carb gnocchi with.