Keto choco crepes saw the light of Greek afternoon as an ideal brunch. As you might already know, we don’t actually promote having breakfast in the morning. We believe that fasting in the morning gives a lot of benefits and speeds up the fat loss process. Not only that we believe it, we saw it work miracles for us and Apollonas’ clients.
Eating dessert as a full meal? Yes, we mean Keto choco dessert!
Well, only if it’s really nutritious and if it doesn’t contain excess sweetener, a treat like this can be your meal. Of course, you have to have in mind that this particular recipe brings nutrients from the animal world, such as grass fed beef gelatine, goat butter, yoghurt and eggs. All these make it really nutritious. When it comes to vitamins, you are covered from Alpha to Omega 😉
Why Greek goes Keto keeps preaching about raw cacao?
We were lucky to find a true gem in our local supermarket’s healthy food department. Original Peruvian raw cacao, that has not been reduced in fat content and that is not processed other than ground! Wow, what a difference. It tastes like the best chocolate you ever ate and at the same time, it doesn’t ask for more sweetener. That is because raw cacao is not as bitter as the dark, processed one is. Furthermore, you know all those minerals and antioxidants from cacao? Well, you can get them only if you choose raw cacao for your treats. Read more about raw cacao benefits in this link.
A secret to perfect crepes
You maybe saw many of our recipes, and maybe you have tried some of them? We just love making crepes and playing around with the “ingros”. But regardless of the mixture, if you don’t invest in a good pan, you crepes could turn into your worst nightmare. That’s why I strongly recommend to make the Keto Choco crepes only in a perfect pan. ideally, it would be a non stick granite coated pan, but I am sure those ceramic coated ones work fine too!
Keto choco obsession
Keto choco crepes just look perfect. They are dark, but yet you can see the golden hue. If cooked lightly, they will resemble milk chocolate, while if you leave them a minute longer on the pan, they will look like dark chocolate. Whatever you like, but remember, the less you cook them, the more antioxidants they’ll provide! 😉
Keto choco crepes with lemon yoghurt sauceCourse: Keto Breakfast, Keto BrunchCuisine: Keto mediterraneanDifficulty: Medium
4 large free-range eggs or 10 quail eggs
4 tbsp Greek yoghurt (we used sheep yoghurt)
1 tbsp grass-fed beef gelatine
50 ml (1/4 cup) warm water
100 g (3,5 oz) melted butter grass-fed (preferably goat)
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Lemon yoghurt sauce
100 g (3,5 oz) Greek yoghurt (we used sheep yoghurt)
1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
100 ml (3,4 fl oz) lemon juice
2 micro scoops (20mg) 100% stevia extract
A handful of berries of your choice (we used wild blueberries)
3 thin slices lemon
- Place all the ingredients for the crepes in a blender. blend them for at least 2-3 minutes or until they are smooth.
- Preheat a non stick pan. If you don’t have one, grease your pan with coconut oil and cook 6 crepes out of this mixture. It will be enough to cook them for 1,5 minutes from each side.
- Mix the yoghurt, lemon juice and zest, 100%stevia powder with a fork or a small whisk.
- Place some of the mixture into your crepes and decorate them with the rest.
- Use lemon slices and berries of your choice to additionally decorate your crepes.
- You can add vanilla extract, rhum aroma, or any other clean Keto flavouring of your choice. To us, lemon zest and lemon juice was perfectly combined with raw cacao powder.