Keto spicy pots, stews, “chorba” and soups… Nothing brings back the energy and helps you to survive this unusual change of seasons like slow-cooked pots with meat, spices and vegetables. But if you want to lift it to a higher level, you will reach for the smoked beef! As simple as that, this wonderful ingredient will be both your spice and your nutrient booster.
Smoked aroma, ancient preservation and culinary art
Smoking is the oldest method to preserve meat. It’s a method that includes exposing meat to smoke for the purpose of flavour and preservation. In fact, this is one of the most traditional techniques that were developed right after humans discovered they can cook meat on fire. Smoking is achieved by hanging meat above the smoke of a hardwood fire.
The smoke has been utilised for thousands of years to preserve fish, meat and even cheese. If you wonder why this method is the best way to preserve meat, the answer is – formaldehyde. This chemical compound, together with certain alcohols present in wood smoke works as an essential preservative. All the elements in smoke can eliminate bacteria and slow down the process of fat oxidation!
We know that in today’s world the industry adds all sorts of chemical preservatives and makes smoked meet quite unhealthy. However, if you would like to use old-fashioned smoked beef, the one we offer in our web-shop is a perfect solution!
Making your stew spicey to heat the body from inside out
Keto spicy stews often bring controversy. Should we eat hot stuff? Why would we use hot spices? Is capsaicin, which is found to have health-boosting benefits really necessary in our diet? Many studies in The Journal of Clinical Investigation discovered that the spicy chemical in peppers, called capsaicin, can protect us and boost our health. It can stimulate cell receptors in the intestines and therefore decrease the risk of growing tumours.
Keto Spicy foods have Aphrodisiac properties!
One may question how powerful natural aphrodisiacs can be? A study found that a blend of hot spices with saffron boosted sexual performance in men. Other studies have discovered that spicy foods can improve combat against obesity. By eating spicy food, we are activating the thermogenic process that reshapes our metabolism into a fat-burning state!
Slow cooking, home atmosphere, the joy of living… Keto spicy pot does just that!
Imagine, while this aromatic stew is slowly getting ready, you put your favourite music, add some passion and light the candles… It can be cliche, but if you serve this to your partner, you can’t go wrong! The flavour is seductive, the ingredients empowering, and the method allows you to just let the pot on the stove on low temperature, and have a home spa-treatment to complete the experience before the romantic dinner.
Keto spicy pot of strengthCourse: Main courseCuisine: Keto MediterraneanDifficulty: Medium
150g (5,3 oz) smoked beef
800g 5,3 oz) chopped veal ribs
2 large leeks
8 cloves garlic
1 tbsp tallow
1 red horn pepper
1,5 tsp sea salt
1 tsp red, black, white pepper mix, freshly ground
1/2 tsp hot paprika flakes
1 tsp saffron
1 tsp mild paprika powder
4 bay leaves
1,5 litre (50,7 fl oz) water
4 large yolks (free-range)
1 tsp dried parsley leaves
- Chop the leak and garlic and saute it with tallow in a saucepan. Add slices of smoked beef and stir.
- In a deep clay pot, place chopped veal ribs and add previously sautéd smoked beef, leek and garlic.
- Pour in half of the water. Add bay leaves, salt, safron, paprika powder and chopped horn pepper.
- Cover with a lid and place on the stove over medium temperature. As soon as the liquid starts boiling, reduce the temperature to low and keep cooking with the lid on.
- After 30 minutes, add the rest of the water and continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
- As the final stage of cooking is approaching, add paprika flakes and freshly ground pepper mixture. Turn off the stove and leave the pot on to cool down gradually.
- While the stew is still hot, mix the yolks in a deep plate with some of the hot liquid from the stew. Whisk with a fork.
- Now, slowly add the yolks to the stew and stir energetically. It’s important that the liquid is not too hot so that the yolks don’t break.
- Serve the warm stew sprinkled with dried parsley or any other Mediterranean herb of your choice.