Keto Muffins With Sparkling Mineral Water
Keto Muffins come is savoury and sweet version and there’s a large number of recipes available to Ketonians. However, to achieve the effect of gluten and baking powder reaction in standard carby muffins, Ketonians have to learn a few tricks. The main characteristic of really good Keto muffins is the puffiness and fluffiness. Is this doable? Yes, but with several baking tricks! Before we continue, check out our 12 tips for perfect Keto baking skills in this article.
Industrial Baking Powder – There is no perfect product
Maybe you have noticed how we use baking soda in most of our recipes. On a very rare occasion, our recipes call for baking powder. However, even then it’s indicated that it has to be gluten-free. It’s difficult to find a good baking powder in today’s post-industrial era. The industry simply loves to add stuff that Ketonians should not have! Stabilisers, emulsifiers, and then – corn or wheat starch! But don’t worry, we found a solution to that! Just mix 1:2 ratio of citric acid with baking soda and you will have your own homemade baking powder that will work miracles for bread, cake, muffins and even our famous Keto Fritule!
What is Mineral Water?
The mineral water originates straight from the spring of natural water. While not all mineral water comes in “sparkling” variety, the bubbly kind get their liveliness from naturally-occurring vapours. After mineral water is bottled, extra carbon dioxide can be supplemented artificially in the factory. Because it is loaded with a significant amount of naturally-occurring minerals like potassium, magnesium, and calcium, sparkling mineral water is very welcome on ketogenic lifestyle.
Sparkling Mineral Water Uses
Besides being a great help in mineral replenishing quest, sparkling mineral water can ease the soda cravings to Ketonians. We know that switching to Keto can leave us with very little drink choices if we decide to leave healthy and away from industrially overprocessed products.
Furthermore, it’s an excellent rising agent for Keto baking goods! Gass bubbles that sparkling mineral water adds to the dough will create a reaction, especially if you beat the eggs with it. In fact, your baked goodies will have a nice airy texture if you decide to add sparkling mineral water to the batter or dough. Furthermore, your Keto Muffins will grow much more and it will happen sooner! Well, let’s be theatrical here and say that sparkling mineral water has a dramatic effect on the rising time!
Let’s get to the Sparkling Mineral Water Keto Muffins
Are you preparing for a road trip? These muffins will be your ideal Keto snack or even a meal if you add some goat cheese, bacon, prosciutto and a few chopped green olives!
Sparkling Mineral Water Muffins
- 3 large eggs free-range
- 3 tbsp goat butter or grass-fed cow's butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) sparkling mineral water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp psyllium powder or ground chia seeds
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- Divide the yolks from egg whites and beat the yolks with butter and olive oil until you get a nice and smooth emulsion. Add salt and spices. slowly add sparkling mineral water and keep beating at a lower speed.
- Mix almond flour with psyllium powder and add it to the yolk mixture spoon by spoon. Keep beating.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites with lemon juice until you get a firm meringue. Using a spatula, gently mix the meringue with the egg-yolk mixture.
- Pour in the mixture into 6 muffin moulds (preferably use silicon or non-stick coated metallic muffin moulds)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 170ºC (338ºF) They can be enjoyed warm or cold as Keto bread replacement.