Fat bombs might be one of those contemporary internet era expressions invented a few years ago. Nevertheless, they most certainly rock the world of all Ketonians. They serve as a macronutrient ratio enhancers. Also, Ketonians like to use them as a dessert replacement. Let’s remember, how can you eat 70% of fat in a single day if not with a couple of fat-bombs at the end of your meal? Naturally, never in between the meals!
All sorts of fat bombs
There are several thousands of fat bomb recipes all over the internet. Most of them are prepared with cacao powder to emulate chocolate pralines. Some are even savoury which is a great idea. The most popular ones include butter, coconut oil, cacao and stevia, but there are hundreds of versions and variations.
Not long ago, I wrote this recipe for chocolate pasteli which basically are the fat bombs with sesame seeds. I drew the inspiration from the traditional Greek dessert. Unfortunately, the original version is loaded with unhealthy sugars, predominantly fructose from honey. So, I twisted it and got really great results. Did you have the chance to try them?
The sweet taste of sea salt
I came up with the idea to make a new version of fat bombs that will be packed with minerals and good fats! For this reason, I decided to take them to the seashore! 😉
Even though we live in a world of pollution, the Mediterranean sea still finds ways to purify our lives.
The flower of sea salt (“Fleur de Sel“) is created during warm summer days as a thin layer of minerals on the surface of the sea. It is usually collected with a wooden shovel very early in the morning before it sinks to the bottom. The composition of the flower of sea salt is somewhat different because it has a slightly higher proportion of harder soluble salts. This affects the taste. For this reason, it’s a bit pricier!
It is produced mostly in France but more and more Mediterranean countries, including Greece, are starting to explore this great business opportunity.
Almond butter fat bombs with the flower of sea salt
So let’s get to work and create your own mineral and fat boosters that will help you stay keep your macros in order!
Almond butter fat bombs
- 100 g (3,5 oz) organic almond butter from blanched almonds
- 120 g (1 stick) butter grass-fed
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon organic
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder organic
- 2 tbsp stevia or monk fruit blend sweetener alternatively use 2 mico scoops of 100% stevia extract
- 1/2 tsp flower of sea salt you can use plain sea salt too
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean
- In a deep pot, melt the butter and almond butter at a low temperature. Add cinnamon, salt, ground vanilla and stevia. Slowly add cacao powder
- Using a whisk, mix well until the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Distribute the mixture in silicon moulds of your choice. Freeze for 30 minutes. then remove from the moulds and place in a glass container or ceramic bowl with a lid. You can consume them after your Keto meal as a quick Keto dessert or fat bomb.
- If they are wečl sealed, they can stay fresh up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Fat bombs, but also mineral bombs!
The flower of sea salt is a totally natural and unprocessed salt rich in calcium and magnesium sulphate. It consists of an average of over 97% sodium chloride, 0.5% calcium sulfate, 0.3% magnesium chloride, 0.2% magnesium sulphate and 0.1% potassium chloride. Organic cacao will provide you with all the benefits of antioxidants and almond butter is rich in fibre while being packed with a good ratio of vitamins and minerals. At the same time, we are not using too much of it, so you don’t have to worry about the oxalate content.