Tiramisu recipe already exists on Greek Goes Keto and you can check it out at this link. However, we decided to make a minimalistic version. All around the internet you can find versions with so many different flavourings and sweeteners. Naturally, Keto Tiramisu already is simple but what if we can make it even more minimalistic? We believe that everything can become easier if you simplify it to the bare minimum of ingredients and time requirements.
Less is more – Sometimes something simple is better than something advanced or complicated.
Keto Tiramisu with basic ingredients you always have in your fridge
Learning to enjoy food with fewer spices and flavourings is something we all need to practice. By doing this you will be able to understand what is the status of your taste buds. Are you able to feel the natural sweetness from eggs and butter? Are you able to have a shot of espresso without any sweetener? If the answer is no, you can always go back to the first recipe which contains sweetener, vanilla, rum and Mascarpone. However, if you feel brave, you will give this spartan simplified version of Keto Tiramisu a chance.
What means to be spartan? – strict self-discipline, avoidance of luxury (in this case sweetener).
We always have some eggs, butter and coffee
Our original version cntains quail eggs. Yes, they are super-healthy but most of you don’t have them at home and have to research where to buy them. If you have hen eggs, you can use them whole or just use the yolks to make sure you can consume them raw. Since you will be using melted butter, you will be thermally processing the eggs just enough to prevent bacteria development.
Eggs, butter, coffee and a dash of cacao
This sounds too simple, doesn’t it? However, if you never give it a go, you will. never know how addicted to the flavour of sweetness you are. Give it a try, and if you absolutely cannot consume it, just mix in some monk fruit or stevia liquid extract. Learn to enjoy natural food in its original form and discover the new horizons in the zone of minimalistic cooking.
Keto Tiramisu – minimalistic versionCourse: DessertCuisine: Keto MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
4 medium eggs
200g (7 Oz) melted butter
1 shot espresso coffee (or 6 tablespoons of very strong black coffee)
1 tbsp cacao powder for decoration
- Mix eggs at a high speed using an electric mixer. The longer you mix the thicker the mixture will turn.
- Start slowly pouring melted hot butter and keep mixing at a high speed. Don’t add all of the butter at once, add it as slowly as possible.
- Pour 2/3 of this mixture into 4 dessert glasses.
- To the rest of the mixture, add 1 small shot espresso or 4-6 tablespoons of very strong black coffee and keep mixing. If you want your mixture to get darker, you can add some dark cacao powder.
- Now pour this into glasses and using a knife make a simple spiral movement. Make it only once so that the two mixtures don’t mix too much.
- Sprinkle some cacao powder on top. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- If you still think you need sweetener, make sure you use just a little bit of monk fruit or stevia extract at the beginning.
- If you want to add vanilla or rum, add just a few drops, try to make things as minimalistic as possible.
- If you don’t have cacao powder, you can use very finely ground coffee to decorate the dessert.